Bath & Racquet Athletic Club // SRQ’s Source for Fitness, Forehands and a Family-Friendly Atmosphere
Bath & Racquet Athletic Club remains the go-to club for everything fitness and tennis, and is within close vicinity to the beautiful scene of Sarasota
Bath & Racquet, Sarasota’s premier tennis and fitness venue and home to Celsius Tennis Academy, incorporates a wide variety of programming for anyone involved in an active lifestyle. Talented teens, on-the-go adults, and fit family members – there’s a gym, tennis court, pool, or workout class readily available to squeeze into your busy schedule! From introductory classes in the fitness center to high-performance tennis drills, Bath & Racquet Athletic Club encompasses it all. Just minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, like Siesta Key, Bath & Racquet and Sarasota, FL just can’t be topped, or should we say aced?
Bath & Racquet credits their longstanding reputation to their dedicated staff members, prestigious Celsius Tennis Academy, well-kept venue, and overall convenience and variety of services. For the touring tennis professional, you’ll have opportunities to challenge your game amongst countless juniors, adults and coaches who are training at the same level on the available 29 total courts (6 hard, 23 clay.) For the goal-setter who’s just getting back into fitness, there’s clinics and classes available right up your alley. Tennis moms, sporty dads, and active family and friends – you’ll be impressed with the viewing areas and available opportunities for you right inside Bath & Racquet’s Sarasota setting.
As any avid tennis player may tell you, convenience is key. Having to shuffle from the courts to the gym back home to shower and back to a café or local lunch spot for nutrition can be both challenging and stressful. With Bath & Racquet, your schedule can immensely simplify because everything that’s included in your daily routine will be available at your local club. Tennis Courts, swimming pool, locker rooms, racquet stringing, restaurant, child care center, spa/sauna/massage therapists, and of course award-winning tennis programs and leagues! Job well done, B&R, if we do say so ourselves.
Celsius Tennis Academy has reigned from Bath & Racquet and produces numerous world-class and collegiate juniors year in and year out. Their team of ten teaching professionals encourage competitive and dynamic tennis among all levels. Over 60 juniors train at this boutique academy that truly cares about each of its players. For homeschool players, no matter if you’re local or traveling from overseas, you can practice with peers of your same level. Any junior 8-18 years of age and even those in college can study and train after-school with Celsius any day of the week.
A typical week sees clinics and lessons on court all day long, so no matter your junior’s schedule, he/she will be more than welcome at any hour of the day in a class that’s perfectly aligned with their level. Click HERE for the programs, or see below for the available clinics and schedules:
- 10U Youth Tennis: Stroke production & fun competition to learn the basics and develop quickly; $60 4 sessions 1/week; $120 8 sessions 2/week; $180 12 sessions 3/week
- Ages 4-5: 3:15pm
- Ages 6-8: 4:15pm
- Ages 9-10: 5:15pm
- Future Champions: Current/upcoming tournament players and intermediate to advanced juniors; Drills, conditioning and match play; $260 2/week; $390 3/week; $480 4/week
- Monday-Thursday: 4:30-6pm; Ages 7-16
- 90° Junior Development Program: Tournament players looking to take their games to the next level
- Monday-Friday: 4-6pm; Ages 7-16
- $575/month or $175/week (2 days/week)
- $750/month or $250/week (3 days/week)
- $1000/month or $400/week (5 days/week)
- 180° Junior Development Program: Dedicated tournament players with high aspirations for their game, such as at the high school or college level and beyond
- Option A: 3-6pm; $1025/month; $375/week (3 days/week) or $1400/month; $600/week (5 days/week)
- Option B: 2-6pm; $1350/month; $475/week (3 days/week) or $1700/month; $750/week (5 days/week)
- Option C: 4-6pm; $750/month; $250/week (3 days/week) or $1000/month; $400/week (5 days/week)
- International Program: Provides private schooling through Elevation Preparatory Academy, lodging, meals, transportation, tournaments, and high level instruction; intended for those traveling with the intention to improve their games at a high level of intensity
- $2700/month (5 days/week)
- Schooling: 8am-1:50pm; Tennis: 2-6pm
- Morning Program: Intended for dedicated homeschool players looking for high level/ more personalized coaching
- Monday-Thursday: 10:30am-12:30pm; $900/month
- Participate in the 180° program and receive $125 discount
- Monday-Thursday: 10:30am-12:30pm; $900/month
- Drop-in Program:
- Monday-Friday: 2 hours during regular practice hours: $90/day
- Monday-Friday: 3 hours during regular practice hours: $120/day
- Monday-Friday: 4 hours during regular practice hours: $150/day
All clinics, except for the international program and 10U tennis are scheduled during the summer as well, and those daily schedules and associated pricing can be seen HERE. With so many juniors training year-round, it’s always a worthwhile practice at Celsius with some of the most impressive staff members around.
Cary Cohenour, a storied player with incredible experience in Florida and on tour, leads the staff and founded this academy that’s flourishing in Florida.
“Celsius has been around over 15 years, and we understand the basic needs for kids because they’re all different. We cater our program to each individual and always keep it positive.”
If your schedule requires a more recreational foundation for the game, no matter if you’re a budding junior or experienced adult, there’s other programs geared directly towards you through Bath & Racquet. Tennis events include exhibitions, cardio tennis clinics, and 4-week clinic sessions for adults/ 6-week clinic events for juniors. Cardio tennis lasts for one hour and is offered four days/week at various morning and evening hours to fit in with your packed off-court schedule. As for regular league play clinics, there are two available levels (3.0-3.5 or 3.5-4.0). Clinics for L1 run three days per week while L2 runs 4 days per week. Utilize these incredible instructional classes to gear up for league season with your friends, neighbors and teammates. League play runs through Bath & Racquet with available teams among USTA, Tri-cities and the Suncoast Men’s League. There’s also an enjoyable in-house doubles league, and you can see over 50 players each week participating in this enjoyable event.
Member socials engage crowds to attend seasonal parties that typically have a theme. You can participate in clinics and events as a member or non-member as well. All-day guest passes are also available for purchase, which is a convenient option for visiting friends and relatives wanting to enjoy the action with you.
For juniors, clinics typically range from Pee Wee Tennis (beginner tennis for ages 3-5 for one hour one day/week after school), Hot Shots Tennis (developmental tennis for ages 5-10 for one hour 2 days/week after school), and Davis Cup Tennis (competitive tennis drills for ages 8-16 for one hour two days/week after school). Bath & Racquet typically hosts close to 10 junior USTA tournaments annually as well. Other fundraising events can be seen throughout the year benefitting foundations that are close to members’ hearts.
Summer camps are available regarding tennis and even educational subjects, such as space and outdoors, aquatics, and chef camps. They vary weekly and are geared towards the elementary and preteen age groups. Winter camps are also offered during the holiday break. Private and group lessons are available to tune up your game and take it to the new heights with any Celsius pro or any of the four additional Bath & Racquet tennis teachers.
Within a short drive to the Sarasota beaches, shopping, dining, St. Armand’s Circle, Downtown, and so much more, Bath & Racquet remains one of the most dominant clubs in the city. From fitness classes to swimming to every level of tennis you could desire, Bath & Racquet offers all of that and even more. You’ll begin to recognize familiar faces among the members, staff and guests and realize that you’ve found the best athletic club in town. Celsius Tennis Academy remains one of the most well-known and respected academies in the area and even around the country, which only adds to the impressive resume of the club. Around a 20 minute drive to the Sarasota Airport, you can easily access any other travel plans you may have planned. Trust us when we acknowledge that tennis can and should be included on your itinerary when relocating or visiting one-of-a-kind Sarasota, FL.
To reach Bath & Racquet Athletic Club, visit their website at http://www.sarasota-health-club.com, or call them at 941- 921- 6675.
2170 Robinhood Street
Sarasota, Florida 34231
TO REVIEW BATH & RACQUET ATHLETIC CLUB, CLICK “CREATE A REVIEW BELOW.”
Submit your review